Wednesday, January 5, 2011

About Myself

Hi, my name's Daniel Weiner. I was born in Houston and I have lived here my whole life. I did not start out at Kinkaid, but I came here in 6th grade and I have loved it ever since.
My favorite thing to do is play tennis. I have been ranked as high as #1 in Texas and #15 in the nation, but last year I was held back a lot. I had to have surgery on both my knees, so therefore I was out for more than half the year!
Over Winter Break, I had a great time. First I traveled to California for a tennis tournament, but it probably was not the best idea. We happened to have perfect timing, because when we got there it was the worst rain they had in more than a decade! It rained for a week straight, so they decided they had to cancel the tournament. We then went to Arizona for another tennis tournament. Here, the weather stopped and we were allowed to play. I did very well, getting to the round of 32 in the main draw, then in back draw I won two matches then lost. This was my first big tournament back, and I was very excited that I did well. This was probably my favorite Winter Break so far, but I am happy to come back to school and hang out with friends.
Another thing that I love to do is read. Mostly I stick to science fiction, but I love biographys as well. Recently I have not had too much time to read for fun, but with this class, I am having a lot of fun.
For interim term, I have some very interesting classes. First period, I have "Listening to music of dead european white guys." Second period, I have Reading for the fun of it, then third and forth period, I have a iphone app programming class. Here, we are learning how to make an iphone app, and if we want to at the end, we can put it on the app store.

No comments:

Post a Comment